Monday, November 17, 2014

First Snowfall

Last night was the first significant snowfall of the winter here in Grand Rapids Ohio so this morning I thought that I would take some time before work to try and get some pictures. The snow was light and fluffy and there seemed to be very little wind overnight so the snow was sticking quite well to the trees. This made for some very beautiful shots. The first picture is the towpath standing near the Grand Rapids Dam looking down toward downtown Grand Rapids. Since it was Monday the towpath was undisturbed and pristine.


This next picture is of the old canal running beside the towpath.


I finally made it to the dam where there was very little bird activity other than some gulls standing on the dam. I could not help but take some pictures down the river.


Heading back through town I noticed that the town hall had their lights on. I decided not to stop but I am a little disappointed that I didn't. I did however stop at the old railway bridge and get a couple pictures, below is my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment